Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby Brother

Well, no new pictures to post from the appointment today, but I can bring everyone up to date on how things are going. I will be 35 weeks on Friday. I am measuring at 37 weeks. Baby has plenty of fluid. They start to worry at anything under 5 and his fluid measured at 7.92 or something. He is head down (which was welcome news to me). We got to see him breathing and he moved quite a bit. The doctor said that it is a really good sign when he can feel a baby moving under the ultrasound wand! Yes, he is DEFINITELY still a boy! My cervix is still thick, 50 % effaced and only a fingertip dilated (which Dr. said is right how things should be right now). Doctor said that I won't be having a baby in the next week based on those findings. (If he were to be born in the next week, he may have to stay in the hospital a few days longer, but more than likely would be able to go home as soon as a full term baby would.) So, it looks as though we are in the home stretch! Please pray for us as we muster our way through this last 5 or so weeks! I am really physically feeling the trials of pregnancy more and more as the days go by.

On another note, I was looking through Emmitt's closet and noticed that the ONLY Dallas Cowboys gear I had for him was for 3 months and older. By the time he is 3 months old, the football season will be over (or in it's final weeks). So I ordered a Dallas Cowboys set for him to wear right away! I am really pleased with it. I chose it partially because I figured I got more for my money. Because he will be bottle fed, I can use the bib for a LONG time and the booties can be worn probably for a while as well! I know you are dying to see it and since I don't have any appropriate ultrasound pictures (the only ones I got today were of my son's manhood), hopefully this will suffice!






Now here's hoping that the Cowboys actually do well this season.

In Him,
The Hutchins

No comments: