Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break

Whew! It was a doozie! I had a lot of fun though! Stephen was gone on a work trip. I thought Jesstine and I would be spending a lonely week together. I was glad when my sister called and said she would like to come up since my nephew also had spring break this week. She came up Tuesday evening and went home today. While they were here we took a (chilly) trip to the zoo. We thought it would be fun because the weather had recently been warm. We still had a great time, but there wasn't as much to see as we would have liked due to the weather. What we did see was fun though! I hadn't been able to see the finished penguin exhibit before, so I did on this trip. Here are a few memorable pictures. The only camera we had was my cell phone. I managed to finally get them off onto the computer! Here they are!



Here is the penguin exhibit. It was difficult to get a good picture, so this is as good as it gets!


This turtle was amazing! Look how long his neck is! We were astonished and had to get a picture.


I just thought this was a pretty frog. It made me think of my best friend from HS, Jammie!


All of the giraffes were out. There was a baby and one that was a little older, plus a male adult and female adult. This is the female. Somehow she got in the little ravine. We were wondering how she was going to get out, but she made it out and made it look easy!

This is my favorite one! Jesstine got pretty cranky and wouldn't keep her sunglasses on. I took them away and she threw a fit (we skipped her AM nap thinking she would sleep in the stroller at the zoo). So I let Grace put them on Charis while I put Jesstine in a sling and she took a short nap. Charis LOVED them. We walked by a group of teenagers. I overheard one of them say, "Look at that little girl. She's got shades!" She was so happy with them! She kept them on quite well.

When we got home, Jesstine got her well awaited nap. Before this picture, she was curled up at the top of the bed, sideways with her face next to the bumper pad. It was so cute. And if you can see, her new friend from the zoo, Little Quacker, had to sleep with her. He ended up as a foot rest.
I am glad I was able to let loose a little bit. And she managed to still be happy at the end of the day despite having a strange nap schedule. It is a possibility to do it again. I think I will wait until she is old enough to actually enjoy the zoo a little more. She likes being in the stroller seeing the sights, but I want to be able to see her get excited over seeing the giraffes and turtles. Soon. I don't want her to grow up too fast either though!
We hope you all enjoyed your spring break too! Monday, it is back to the grind!
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine






No comments: