Wednesday, April 11, 2012

5 months

Having to check myself....Did I read type that correctly? I am pretty sure it is correct! Well, it's official as of today. Emmitt Boyd is 5 months old! What a Joy Boy Junior he truly is!! He is at that age where his favorite things are really starting to be noticeable. He is always smiling on the changing table! He always smiles when his big sister is in the room. As a matter of fact, I picked him up at my mother-in-love's house after work. She said that he fussed all day long...until Jesstine was dropped off after school. Then he was good as gold! He just missed his big Sis! It is that way at home too. If he is up during her nap, he spends most of that time fussing and ends up taking a nap himself because his entertainment is not there!




Emmitt has been rolling over consistently from his back to his tummy for over a month now. He has rolled over to his back from his tummy several times, but still gets stuck on his belly and frustrated a lot of the time. I am thinking that will change pretty soon. He is getting some more core strength. Just in the last few days, he started to grab his legs at the shins. Last night he started to grab his toes. He almost always uses this as a method to roll to his side now. Also, his favorite thing to do (other than watch his sister is to play peek-a-boo!

Almost over....
Almost over...
And he DID it!

Toe touching.

Giggly peek-a-boo!

 Emmitt is wearing size 3 Huggies Snug and Dry diapers right now. They are starting to get a little short so I think that I will try a size 4 the next time I go to the store. He is in 6-9 month clothing. He can still wear one or two of his 3-6 month shirts.

 As I mentioned in a previous post, we have officially moved him to his bigger car seat. It is taking some getting used to, but I think after a week of it, it is getting a little easier. The only thing I would change is that he still falls asleep and his head falls forward.

He is the most ticklish boy I know! He loves to give kisses already. His kisses are wide open mouth kisses, but he is always so proud of himself.

He is eating a few veggies like squash and carrots. I finally found a way to get him to eat his oatmeal or rice again. I introduced him to applesauce. I didn't even bother with the baby food apples because we get the all natural apple sauce and it is pretty finely pureed. I mix it in with his cereal and he really likes it! He currently eats every three hours (sometimes less hardly ever more than three hours) and is draining 6 ounce bottles. If I am not fast enough he goes into meltdown mode and literally screams the closer he gets to having his bottle! Sometimes he even seems to scold me and says, "Mamamama!" Oh and he LOVES his sippy cup after dinner!
Carrots, they're what's for dinner.

Dinnertime and Emmitt is enjoying his sippy cup.

Not only is he a good eater and ticklish to boot, he has got REALLY strong legs! This has been pointed out several times. Back when he had to stay go to the hospital at 7 weeks, they were trying to get his temp and couldn't hold his legs still because he was so strong then. A few weeks later at his 2 month appointment the doctor seemed to think that his ability to bear weight on his legs was a reflex. I beg to differ. He changed his tune at the recent 4 month appointment! He was quite impressed with how strong this little dude's legs really are! He is proud of his chunky thighs too!

Standing with only the support of Mommy's fingers.


He is starting to be able to sit with some support. He sits in his bumbo seat very well. Sometimes I can sit him in a tripod position, but he usually falls over fairly easily. We are getting there though!


Sitting in the Bumbo like a big boy.

Hey, wait a minute! That's not Emmitt! What a silly girl!

He has been sleeping through the night for the last month or so. He had been going to bed right after Jesstine, but I have been trying to switch that up because he seems to want his last bottle at around 8. So I feed him dinner with us (his puree food) and then give him a bath. After bath he gets a bottle and usually in bed asleep (without any coaxing other than use of paci) no later than 9, but as early as 8:20 the last two nights. He seems like he MAY be trying to get on a daytime schedule as well. He is at least starting to show more of a pattern. He wakes up and has a bottle (not immediately though which is surprising) and plays for about two hours then it is time for his first nap. Given the circumstances, he will sleep anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Then he will be up and ready for a bottle. After that he plays for another two hours or so and then is ready for another nap. This nap is less consistent and can be shorter based on whether or not he has had a bottle. If he has a bottle before both naps, he sleeps for 2, 2 hour stretches! We did that once or twice last week and it was GREAT! SOMETIMES he sleeps at the same time as Jesstine which is even better!

I love my boy! I always wanted a little girl and didn't know what I would do with a boy. It hasn't been hard! I love him SO much! He is obviously smitten with me as well! Makes my heart sing! I love how my mother-in-love says it, "I love them so much it hurts!" It is SO true!

Loving on his Dumpty!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family.

No comments: