Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

25 years ago today, one of the few male role models that I had in my life, my grandpa, went to be with Jesus. I only had him in my life for 4.5 years, but in that short time I have many great memories! I remember when I found out he had died. I cried a lot! I was so sad and angry that I bit the arm rest in between the front seats in our car at the time. Typically this day has been such a sad day for me in the past. I always made it a point to reach out to my grandmother, who is now also with Jesus, on this day. As a child, I spent many years praying for a man of God to love me with the love he was supposed to! I thought I was praying for a grandfather like Grandpa or a father that I have never had. Little did I know, God had something else in store for me! God was preparing my heart for Stephen. I have enjoyed my day with my family. Seeing my daughter innocently enjoy this special day gave this day a different perspective for me. To most it is just a "Halmark Holiday." To me it is a day to reflect on the things that really matter to me. It is a day to remind me that I need to acknowledge the importance of these people in my life. Not just today, but EVERY day! So to my family. I love you all dearly! I am so thankful for each and every one of you! I have enjoyed the last almost 11 years (if you count dating) with my Stephen and I look forward to the MANY years to come! Happy Valentine's Day!

This is a little of how we shared our love for each other as a family today!

 Daddy's valentine for Jesstine. The chocolate pop has Wushock on it (the Wichita State mascot).

Our valenteeny all ready for school!

 My funny Valentine!

 Socks from Grandmom! She liked them SO much she wore them to bed tonight!
 Kids and I made this for Daddy. In pink are Jesstine's handprints and in white are Emmitt's footprints.
 Swimsuit and glasses are for Emmitt from Mommy and the hat and swimsuit cover are from Grandmom to Emmitt! He is going to be the cutest little boy in the pool and out! :-)
 Jesstine got this cup from Grandmom. It has a button that sets some blinking LED lights on. She put it in front of the fish tank to let Cookie Monster enjoy it!

Guess what? Football butt!

 Entertaining Emmitt before we eat dinner...

 Entertaining Emmitt DURING dinner (Thank you Daddy for rigging this up for him! Amazing what you can do with straws!!!)

 Enjoying her chocolate from Daddy after eating all of her lasagna after complaining that she didn't like it! Silly girl!
Mommy's chocolates from Daddy. Aren't they pretty???

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments: