Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Week

I know I just posted a few days ago, but wanted to catch you up on what ELSE has been going on this week. Before I get to the pictures though, here is another funny three year-old story. This time it was actually a four year-old friend who must have the same thought process as Jesstine. Jesstine had a friend, Sidney (or Cindy as Jesstine pronounces it), come to play for a few hours on Friday. When it was time to take "Cindy" home, I told the girls to get their shoes on. When I was FINALLY ready to go, "Cindy" was waiting at the front door. I told her we were going to go through the garage. She asked, "Why?" I said, "Well, that is where our van is parked. Do your parents park in the garage?" She thought about it and said, "Well, yeah....but not YOUR garage!" Hehe! They are so cute together. Sidney was born in October after we lost Babe B. I held her a LOT when she was a baby! It is nice that she and Jesstine like each other so much! Jesstine sat by her in church this morning too! Now, on with the pictures!

 Following the birth of a baby, my OB's office always gives us a certificate for a free 8x10 and a free photo session at a really nice place here in town. We did this for Jesstine, so we were excited to do the same for Emmitt. Here is a sample of what we got done. I took a picture of pictures, hoping that I wasn't going to break copyright. I left their name on it though, so that is where they get credit. I may have to take these down pretty soon. Just wanted to share for those of you who won't be in my living room to admire them! (Jesstine is on the left and Emmitt is on the right.) PLEASE don't copy these or save them! That WILL break copyright law! They are only for your temporary viewing pleasure!
 This was MY pick to display at work!

 My lovely sister, Ola, made Emmitt a couple of "lovey" blankets. This one is known as a taggie! Emmitt absolutely LOVES it! Here he is using it to teethe on!

 He has been working REALLY hard to try to roll over. He is pretty close. This isn't even the furthest he has rolled. It is exciting! With Jesstine, this took 5-6 months because of her neck!

 He is also still enjoying some tummy time!

 Getting better at sitting up too!
 I have always heard that the last kid gets the shaft when it comes to pictures! Well, that turns out to NOT be the case with us! I have found that I try so hard to capture Emmitt's little moments, that I am taking FAR more photos of him than I am of Jesstine. This picture is of what I saw when I came home today from a workout at the Y. It was a WONDERFUL greeting! After this, we went out to play because it is like spring weather here!
 After our trip back, I had to change Emmitt's clothes. I put this on him because our house was really warm from leaving the windows open much of the day. This is a SPECIAL picture for Uncle Seth! But, all of his uncles rock!

Finally, I have been spending a LOT of time searching for recipes and things so that I can make more meals at home. We eat out a LOT! Funds have been slowly getting lower and lower. So in an attempt to quit spending as much, we are trying to eat at home. I am really tired of the scrounge nights...SO I turned to a great new website called Pinterest. It is where a bunch of people find things on the web and instead of creating a massive amount of web bookmarks, they pin certain things that interest them. Their pins are then saved on virtual bulletin boards that they can go back and look at any time they need to! You can also repin something someone else has already posted. It is pretty fantastic! I made two recipes from there, one from Pillsbury and one that was inspired by Pinterest, but was my own creation! This is my own creation! It is a twist on the classic grilled cheese. I used three kinds of low fat cheese (Colby jack, American, and mozzarella) and some slices of Avocado! Mmmmm! Jesstine and Stephen had Grilled Cheese too, just more  like the old fashioned kind! It was a good meal weekend in our household! 

So, here's to the beginning of hopefully another fantastic week! Thanks for stopping by!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments: