Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lucky Exit

Tonight we were on our way to church, Stephen looked over at me and said, "Can you guess who my favorite three year-old girl is?" I started to hem and haw. I asked if it started with a J and lots of other clues (as if I didn't know). In the back seat Jesstine kept saying "It's ME!" After a while I finally said it was Jesstine. I told Stephen he was a lucky guy to have such a cool three year-old daughter. Jesstine of course heard me and matter of factly stated, "Like Lucky Charms!!!"

Lucky to have such a witty little girl too!

We have been trying to teach Jesstine to read words by sounding out words she sees often. I recently taught her the word EXIT while sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office. When we walked into church for dinner tonight, Jesstine was just ecstatic that her friend Sydney was there. She was jumping up and down saying, "MOM! Cindy is here! See it's CINDY!!! Can I sit by CINDY?!" (She can't say Sydney yet no matter how hard we try to help her!) In the midst of her excitement about "CINDY," she looked up and noticed something on the wall. She stopped mid sentence and said, "Mommy, look; EXIT!!" (Reminds me a bit of the Pixar movie , "UP," with the dogs that can talk and they are constantly being distracted by squirrels!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments: