Monday, February 13, 2012

Preschool Valentines

Since Jesstine is in preschool this year, she gets to take valentines to school!!! I really wanted to do something different than just go buy the kinds with characters or candy. I wanted them to make an impression on the little three year-old kids in her class. Most of all, I wanted to send something that had a Bible verse or something to emphasize that this isn't just a commercial holiday! Since it is a Christian preschool, I KNOW that it will be perfect! I saw this on a friend's blog HERE, and thought I would give it a try. It also gave me the chance to have Jesstine practice writing the J for her name and coloring in the lines. She really needs practice with holding a crayon properly. So this is what our favorite three year-old girl has been up to.


 Here is what I started with.
 Cut the little rectangles out.

 I then cut the hearts out and wrote, "Love, Jesstine" on the inside.  The J was written in a way that she could easily connect the dots and trace it. She did a FANTASTIC job!



 She also colored the noses and lips that I drew on each one. She was a little confused with the rectangles cut you and the sunglasses missing. She thought there needed to be eyes.

Here is the inside. I actually wrote a Bible verse on the side with the sunglasses, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place..." Proverbs 15:3 (Thanks to my wonderful Mother-in-Love for helping me find a verse that fit the inside saying on the card so well!) OH and the sunglasses were FREE!!!! I had planned on doing this before I even had the sunglasses, but happened to get some free ones at the health fair that was held at our school last week!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments: