Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Budding Artist

Several months ago, Jesstine started to talk about how she wanted to be Dumpty for Halloween. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make that possible. As the time is getting closer, I have purchased some supplies here and there. I am not a sewing person nor do I have a sewing machine. So, I thought I would paint yellow stripes on a white pillowcase. Jesstine and I went to pick up some paint the other day at a craft store. She decided SHE needed to paint too. So, we picked up a Disney Princess paint book and some watercolors. I think I may have an artist on my hands!


Here is yesterday's painted picture (one of 4 that she did that day!!!).


 Today's is MUCH more refined! It is obvious that she tried to make certain parts certain colors even! I was shocked when I looked down and saw this!

Now, if only I could get her interested in coloring! She will spend a few seconds coloring and then she is done! It has been mentioned to me by her Sunday School teacher. You put a paint brush in her hands or a puzzle in front of her and she will go to town! Not with crayons though!

In Him,
The Hutchins

No comments: