Thursday, July 14, 2011

Single Parent Week

Well, I have been a single parent temporarily all week! Let's just say one pregnant mamma + an almost three year-old, without Daddy in the house at night has been a trying time for both Mamma and almost three year-old!! To give you an idea of some of the things Jesstine has tried to pull this week, I give you exhibit A that happened just this evening, thankfully the last evening of single parenthood (hopefully!). I want to preface this by saying I know some of you will think this is absolutely adorable, but after the week I have had with this little tot, that was not the first word to cross my mind. It IS adorable when it is a 13 month-old discovering toilet paper for the first time (click here for reference). It is NOT adorable when it is done by an almost 3 year-old who has already been scolded numerous times by Daddy AND Mommy for attempting it in the past (not to this extent luckily).


Despite my week being totally mentally and physically exahausting, I LOVE that I have someone to spend it with! There were SEVERAL moments of joy mixed in with the moments of frustration! I wouldn't have it any other way. I just think it is harder because I am pregnant and not able to handle as much as I could otherwise! That and it is INCREDIBLY hot here! We will all be happy when the heat subsides!

Here's to a toilet paper mess free week next week!

In Him,
The Hutchins'

No comments: