Friday, July 22, 2011

Emmitt Update

Well, I had a normal appointment scheduled for next week to check on Emmitt. I ended up going in today. This boy moves SO much (most of the time) and lately when he does, it HURTS! I was a little concerned, so I called and they said to go ahead and come in. The doctor says that is normal because it is my third pregnancy and because I have a toddler. There were other factors that play into it as well like the weather and dehydration. My belly is measuring about two weeks ahead. Emmitt's heart rate was roughly 155. I have gained a considerable (to me) amount of weight (which the doctor says is normal at this time). In 4 weeks I will have the gestational diabetes test where I get to drink the yummy goodness of lemon lime and then let them test my blood. In roughly 2-4 weeks, we will have the heart sonogram done on Emmitt just like we had with Jesstine to determine whether his heart is formed correctly. I am looking forward to this! It's always good to get to SEE him and hopefully to hear that he is healthy and strong. In the meantime, I am trying to stay hydrated, cool and calm. Sleep is a bit hard to come by. I think my body is getting me ready for the nighttime feedings that are to come in about four months! I seem to always wake up twice during the night and can't get back to sleep for roughly an hour or so. Such is life!

In Him,
The Hutchins'

No comments: