Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Walking Tall!

Well, we reached a milestone at the end of last week. Jesstine now walks on a daily basis. Several times a day in fact! She still prefers crawling as her main mode of transportation, but she will at least try to walk first. She can take at least 8 steps at one time. She is just growing so fast! Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks and some captions to go with them!


So, before it got REALLY cold out, Jesstine and I spent a lot of time using her chariot (otherwise known as the bike trailer). We were getting ready to go out for a ride one day and she decided that she needed to look pretty. She tried as hard as she could to put her bracelet on, so I helped her. Then she tried to put her hat on. I helped her with that too! This was her bike riding attire for that day!

Humm, I don't remember leaving the bathroom like this. I usually don't have to worry about letting her loose in the bathroom. This day was different. When Daddy went to get her bath ready, this is what he found.

She confessed rather quickly! People keep saying that I don't REALLY want her to walk because she will be into everything! HA! She is so tall and was so mobile before she started walking. It didn't matter. She was STILL into everything! It is fun though!

Her new favorite game! She is tall enough and has learned to climb enough that she has discovered every child's favorite toy: a laundry basket!!! This one is on wheels.

Here she is with yet ANOTHER laundry basket (or in this case two). Hike that leg up there!

She made it!


And of course, there is the toy basket too! She discovered toys that she hadn't played with in a long time. They are now ALL on the floor waiting for Mommy to pick them up!
My sister gave me the idea to get bells for Jesstine's shoes since she has started walking now. When my niece started walking, my sister got some and she was proficient at walking not to much later. So, I thought I would give it a try! She loves them! She still can't figure out what makes the sound. She tries to pull them off, but luckily they are constructed so that she hasn't been successful yet! I don't even have to untie her shoes to put them on. They are great! We will see how long it takes her to be proficient now!
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine

No comments: