Sunday, December 11, 2011

1 Month

Well, today is the day! My baby boy is one month old already! It is hard to believe! Here are a few pictures I haven't posted yet, plus the "chair pictures" like I took with Jesstine each month! The only difference is this time I plan to add a piece of paper with the month on it...makes it easier to keep track of what month it is later when I go through the thousands of pictures I have taken!


 It is of course December here and it is pretty cold. I finally broke down and got the "Cozy Cover" out for the car seat. Emmitt doesn't care too terribly much for the flap that covers his face. Daddy chooses not to use it unless I ask him to!

 Here is my boy in all of his handsomeness! Aunt Jenni and I picked this shirt out for him specifically to go with these jeans (which I thought had fleece lining in them, but I was wrong). 

Emmitt Boyd at one month:

At one month, Emmitt is eating anywhere from 4 to 5 oz. bottles every three hours (sometimes he would like them MUCH sooner). We have had to use the sensitive formula for gas and fussiness. He has a tummy kinda like daddy did at his age. Not much spit up, just every once in a while. As I probably mentioned before, he eats as soon as his eyes are open most times and sometimes he is screaming for food even before his eyes are open! He is currently wearing size 0-3 month (3 month) clothing, but his arms are even too long in those some times. I haven't weighed him but I would guess he weighs close to 10 lbs. He is in size one diapers. He has smiled a handful of times, but I have yet to capture that on camera. He likes to look at lights, but doesn't really focus much on people's faces yet. He mostly just eats, poops, pees and sleeps! He is awake and alert sometimes for extended periods of time (mostly when we don't WANT him to be). He sleeps anywhere from 3-4.5 hours at a time. Most times it is pretty much 3 hours because that is when he wants his next bottle! He is a cuddly baby too! He likes to fall asleep in someone's arms. He especially likes falling asleep on Mommy's chest or with Grandma Griffee! He has a pretty strong neck and he doesn't mind tummy-time for the time being! When he is on his tummy he can rotate his head in either direction and hold it there for quite a little while before he gets tired. He has also already picked up his first cold. He has been fighting a bit of drainage and stuffy nose! He is growing so fast already! I look forward to seeing how his personalty comes out in the next few weeks!

 Far away shot on the chair (with a far away look).

Close up shot where he is actually looking at me (or at least in my direction).

In Him,
The Hutchins

P.S. In other news, Daddy seems to have caught Jesstine's stomach bug from 11 days ago! I am hoping there are no other victims of it in this household!

No comments: