Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day

It is hard to believe that Christmas Day has come and gone. It was a very fun and mostly relaxed holiday for which I am so grateful! We had a good time with family and just with each other here at our own house. Jesstine is SO spoiled! You will see in a later post how spoiled she is! I think she got more toys and things this Christmas than I received in all of my childhood Christmases! I would like to think that she has just been a good girl!

This Christmas was different for a few reasons. Mostly, Jesstine is just older and understands a lot more. I have to say, she is still a little timid about opening presents, but I think after opening a few, she got the hang of it. She woke up on Christmas morning to find the gift Santa had left for her. It was the one she had asked for by name! She got her kitchen! There were also a few gifts beside it all wrapped up for her to unwrap. Here is a peek at Christmas morning at home. Then I will post a little later about Christmas celebrations at the homes of our parents.


This is the first one she chose to open after seeing her kitchen. It is a Sesame Street Chutes and Ladders. I found this at a garage sale for $5, still in the shrink wrap! I was happy to pay that for a game that had the original price tag of $25 on it! Jesstine just wanted to take the figurines out and play with them!
She also got a Woody doll to match her Buzz Lightyear she got for her birthday. She said, "Oh no, Mommy! Where's his pull string?"
She got two Chipmunk movies. (Now I can free my DVR of one that has been there for a year!)
Some dishes and food to go with her kitchen.
I think this was the box she opened and it didn't have a picture or anything on it. She said, "Oh! Look! It's a....BOX!!!"
It turned out to be more play food in that box. There was a second bag with just as much play food in it too!
Already playing with her Christmas morning presents at home!
Mommy and Daddy were good this year too! I got a new camera which I took a picture of with my old camera.
Stephen got some new shoes and a gift certificate to buy a pair of running shoes. I think he was pleased!
After looking at what we got for Christmas, I was reminded of how truly blessed we are to have what we want. God is GOOD!
In Him,
The Hutchins

No comments: