Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I don't know how long it took me to realize that this day was often overlooked for my mother when I was growing up. It really left an impact on me. I remember being about 5 when I realized one Christmas that there was not a single present for my mom to open on Christmas morning. My mom was such a hard worker and still is to this day! She is getting ready to graduate with a master's degree in nursing. She will soon be a Nurse Practioner in a family practice. I am SO proud of her!


That all being said, Stephen and I discussed very early on that when our children are young, there is no way that they can be held responsible for remembering me on Mother's Day, so it would become his responsibility. I know some men would say, "Well, your the mother of my children, not my mother." But like I said, my child is too young to be able to remember me on Mother's Day and bring me something special! She needs help! And until she is old enough to pick out and find a card herself, it becomes my husband's responsibility.


Mother's day was a rough day. I woke up at 4:30 AM with TERRIBLE pain in my stomach. I ended up on the couch. The pain didn't subside throughout the day, so I stayed home instead of attending church. Needless to say, Mother's Day was not quite as good as I had hoped, but I did get to spend it with my girl; my reason for being able celebrate on this day to begin with!



My first Mother's Day was like any other day, only maybe a little more sad than usual because we had just lost Babe B. But the next was MORE than a celebration for me! It felt like an accomplishment! Being a mother is something I knew I had always wanted! I had an affectation for babies even as a young child! When Jesstine came along, being a mother exceeded all of my expectation. Even with the sleepless nights!! So here are a little of my Mother's Day joys (despite feeling so yucky).

My little Jesstine, joy of my life! She was dressed from head to toe in my favorite color on Saturday before Mother's Day, when I actually felt well!


All I want for Mother's Day and my birthday each year is cherry pie. Not homemade! Freezer store bought is the best!! So, I took the opportunity to pick one up on my way home from the doctor today...the day after Mother's Day!


In Him,

The Hutchins'

No comments: