Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Last year at this time, my hubby was out of town and Jesstine and I were here at home entertaining my sister and her kids. She couldn't make it up this year. Stephen had to work, but not out of town this year. So, we spent the week trying to keep ourselves busy. Well, I had a cold for the first part of the week, so it was more like I had to keep Jesstine busy! Here is a little bit of what we did!




By Tuesday, I was trying to figure out something she could do while I was lazy. It didn't really work out that way, but I found her something to do. I found a sale at Target on a playdoh set that came with a mat, tools and 20 small tubs of playdoh. We had playdoh in playgroup a couple of weeks ago, but she wouldn't play with it. So, here she is playing with it in her booster seat!

We had plans to go to the zoo at some point this week because it was supposed to warm up. So, we picked up some sunglasses or "gasses" as Jesstine calls them. Here she is taking them for a spin on her slide!


Wednesday I tried about 3 different sets of clothing on her! The first was a set of overalls that were too big. The second was a set of pants that were....you guessed it, too big. Then it dawned on me after reading some posts on facebook that it was St. Patrick's day! I had the perfect clothes for her to wear so she would stay pinch free. Isn't she cute?!

Thursday, my mom and I packed the van up for a day trip to OKC to see my sister, nieces and nephew, and go to the zoo....ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN OKC!!!! Here are a few pics of the kids. We didn't get to see many animals. I could probably count the ones we did see all on one hand! LOL!


I have said it once and I will say it again: these girls are going to be trouble! They are so darn cute though!

There was a line that went all of the way out of the Children's Zoo (new section of OKC zoo) petting zoo, so we had to see the goats from a far. She really liked them and I found a great opportunity to take a cute picture!

Here she is listening to the Beach Boys and waiting for the Sea Lion show. Got to use the new "gasses" after all!

The sea lion on his way down from touching the ball with his nose.


Just another sea lion picture.

It didn't take long with no nap all day and a lot of walking around the zoo for this to happen on the car ride home! She was actually watching one of her favorite shows on the DVD player! We were stopped at the Cowboy Museum and it was just so peaceful that she went right to sleep! Clutching Dumpty of course!

Grandma fed her some chicken nuggets on the way home. Grandma was very generous with the sweet and sour sauce! Jesstine LOVED it! She ate all four of her nuggets, a few fries and half of a banana!

Today was the last weekday of Spring Break 2010, so we took a trip to play at a friend's house. Kylie came to our house on Wednesday, so we went to her house Friday. Jesstine LOVED it! After a day cooped up in the van for three hours at a time, she was ready to run the wide open spaces that Kylie had at her house out in the country. Kylie is used to just running up and down the long driveway, but with Jesstine there, she was more willing to explore. They walked ALL OVER the place! It was so fun to watch!
Here's to a good Spring Break complete with sunburn just in time for pictures tomorrow!
Hope you had a great week too!
In Him,
Lacie and Jesstine

No comments: