Thursday, July 3, 2008

5 Weeks and Counting



Well, we had another appointment this week. Actually I had one yesterday and then noticed a little dampness that wasn't usually there before, so we went back today to make sure I wasn't leaking amniotic fluid. The post title for last week sure is fitting for our little monkey! The doctor did a sonogram just to make sure the fluid level looked good. It was great of course! She is head up again though! The little monkey! I thought I felt her moving around last night! We went to my mom's to spend the evening with her and help her out (she just had surgery). As I was eating my dinner (steakburger from Freddy's Frozen Custard), Jesstine was a wild woman! It is because she is head over heals for Grandma I think! Anyhow, still looking good. I am feeling a lot of bladder shots today because her feet are really moving. We also got to see her breathing again! It was so cool! I have actually felt it with my hand, I just didn't know exactly what I was feeling! I can even hear it a little on the sonogram. It doesn't sound like Darth Vader or anything, but it sounds different when mixed in with her heart beat. Oh the joys of pregnancy! At least I can find something comforting about being pregnant! I am getting to that point where almost everything I do is uncomfortable!
I wanted to share a picture of this blanket with you! I am so proud of it. I had this blanket from Babe B. It was a really bright green color. I have SO many blankets, but most are green or yellow. Not really many are girly for Jesstine. So I thought I would get her name put on this one to make it more girly. (What the pictures don't show is that it was a very bright green before I put her name on it. The purple kind of toned it down a bit.) There is a place close to my house that embroiders stuff and it only cost $8.50! It turned out absolutely beautiful! So, I guess Grandmom will be happy that Jesstine has a "show blanket" now! I think it is something she will cherish later in life too.



Well, until next time! Keep praying that our girl arrives safely no matter how or when she gets here!

Love,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine


2 comments:

Cristy said...

Lacie,
Thank you for keeping us updated on this very special baby girl. I can't wait to see pictures and pray you have a safe delivery and a very healthy baby girl. Not much longer!!:)

Jenni said...

I love the sign and the blanket! I can't wait til our little girl arrives:>!