Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1 Week, 2 Days!

Well, we are almost there! I am so excited. Every appointment brings more excitement. Yesterday, I woke up at 4:15ish (AM) to take one of my usual nightly trips to the potty! When I was done, I continued to hear and feel a trickle that I had no control over. I thought that it was odd. In the morning I called my doctor and he was out on a delivery. His nurse said she wanted me to go to the hospital to be checked to make sure my water hadn't broken. Luckily it had not. They checked my cervix as well. It is still closed tight and her head is not "engaged." That was all good news as I reached 36 weeks yesterday. Today we went for my normal appointment. I have just been feeling very tired today! I kind of almost had the blah's! the doctor said that is normal for how far along I am. He did a quick sonogram and checked the baby. She is head down. She has plenty of fluid. Her heart rate was high, but he said she was just wide awake and moving like crazy! She was breathing and kicking her legs. He also guessed that she is already close to 7 lbs!!! That is big! He said I was measuring big and looked big. All of this is good news because it means there is a better possibility that she will be ready on next Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to come on her own! If not, I would be shocked if the amnio says she isn't ready. I am praying and counting on the amnio showing that she is ready! I am ready! I just want her to get here safe and sound. I want her to be healthy!

In the meantime, Jesstine and I are planning on spending a lot of these remaining days out of the summer heat and with my feet up! We hope all of you are doing well!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine

No comments: