Friday, July 25, 2008

2 Weeks Left!

Well, we have made it to 35 weeks. The last appointment was on Thursday. It was a bit different because my doctor was out of town on vacation. I had to see the other doctor. It ended up being just fine. He was very informative. I was checked for Strep B. Still don't know how that turned out. Also I have a bladder infection, so I had to be put on antibiotics to my dismay! I guess that is why the movements Jesstine has recently been making on my bladder have been a lot more sensitive (forget the fact that she is likely about 6 lbs. now)! As far as we know, she is growing well. My belly is measuring perfectly at 35 cm. I have video taped her moving and you can see my belly move.

There isn't really much else to update. I am still anxious. We are getting so close. People keep reminding me that this baby has been checked numerous times and has been given a clean bill of health. I appreciate their sentiments, but we were told that Babe B. was healthy as well. I know this baby doesn't have her heart defect, but I know that there are other things that are out of anyone's control that could still happen. I am just going to be anxious until she is in my arms crying! I have decided to only check the baby's heartbeat twice to three times a day. I am no longer counting how fast it is. I was just driving myself crazy!

Thank you for your continued prayers. Again, we are specifically praying that the amnio on August 8 will determine that she is ready to come and that everything goes smoothly from there. We really do appreciate all of your prayers and encouragement! It has been such a long road. We are looking forward to the new beginning that is to come!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine

2 comments:

Rusty Jordan said...

Hey Lacie,

We are so happy for you and have kept you in our prayers. This time is always a rough but joyful time.

Jenni said...

Woohoo! She is SO close!!!!!! I cannot wait to meet my niece!!!!!!!!!