Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

In case you hadn't noticed by the header picture or heard from us, we found out a week and a half ago that we were expecting baby 3! It was short lived joy though. We found out just a week after that we were having a miscarriage. I know this is a common thing. It is so tough! We have been through so much when it comes to trying to have children. I always thought that since we had already had such a tragic loss with Babe B. that I would just be too disappointed to move on after a miscarriage. I have to say, both Stephen and I were terrible disappointed. I think that we still are. I do think though that having been through what we already have, it has lessened the blow so to speak. It also really makes me reflect on how thankful I am to have what I DO have in life.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband of 7 and half years. He has stood by my side. He has been my partner in everything. He has allowed me to follow my dreams of being a mother and a teacher and even at the same time! He takes GREAT care of me as well as Jesstine. He is a terrific father!


I am also thankful for my beautiful, smart, sweet daughter, Jesstine! She is certainly a gift from God! She brings my heart joy when I am with her and when we are apart. She is even cute when she is being naughty! She is loving! She brought such healing after such tragedy. She continues to bring that healing through our current circumstances.


I am thankful for great food to eat, a beautiful home to life in, and warm clothes to wear. I didn't have a lot of the luxuries growing up that I have now and that I am able to provide for my daughter. Most of the time I think that allows me to appreciate such things better. Even so, there are times that I just can't get my mind off of that next little thing that I HAVE to have to make my life easier/happier/better. Nevertheless, I am so thankful that I have what I do have and I could be happy living here for a long time!



I am thankful for my extended family. My side of the family joined us today for a thanksgiving feast. It was wonderful to be surrounded by them after just finding out we had lost this pregnancy. I got to host my older sister and her family, so my comfort started almost immediately after finding out about our loss. My mom was there right away as well! The cherry on top was that we all got to Skype with my older brother who is in Afghanistan serving our country.

So this year, I.....

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Th. 5:18

In Him,
Lacie Hutchins

No comments: