Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

So, today was Stephen's birthday. I will let you guess how old he is. Because it is a work day, we didn't get to see much of him. We kept busy though. We met my friend Cheri at the zoo. One of the neighbor boys came with us too. It was a little hot, but other than that it was a lot of fun. We saw a baby peacock. We saw a lot of other animals as well. Jesstine was excited because she got to ride in the wagon with "Libeeuh," (Olivia is Cheri's youngest daughter and she just turned one). We were able to beat the heat afterward with a snow cone! After the zoo, we RUSHED back to pick up a little girl that I have been babysitting. I have also been getting her off of the bus (and sometimes on the bus) while she is in summer school. We dropped her off at the Y and brought our neighbor home. Then we came inside for some lunch. Right after lunch it was time for nap. I thought I would be smart this time and actually take her to her room at 1 to start the routine. We recently switched back to the big girl bed after she fell out of her crib last week. Night time has been going great, but she needs some help winding down at naptime. Today was the biggest success yet! She was asleep in 15 min!!! I have been working on her new room lately. We borrowed the toddler rail from my sister and she needs it back, so we are trying to finish the room across the hall so Jesstine can move over there. After Jesstine fell asleep, I baked some cupcakes for hubby and finished touching up the painting in the room. Then I took the cupcakes out of the oven. I had started a pot roast at lunch time. After nap, we ran to the store for some dinner rolls and cards. We had dinner ready as soon as he was in from mowing the grass. Unfortunately, we didn't think we were going to get to see him much to express our love on his birthday. He had to go straight to church! He was kind though and decided to call his mom to tell her to let everyone know he was going to be late. He needed to spend time with his girls on his birthday. I appreciated that SO much! He even stayed and opened his present!

I went through all of this to tell you that not only do I have a sweet husband, I have the sweetest little girl in the world! After her daddy spent time with us, he still had to rush off to church. So, Jesstine finished her dinner while I got everything off of the table. I let her play for a while and then it was bath time. As I was drying her off from her bath, we sang some frog songs because she was using a frog towel tonight. After a few frog songs, I asked her if she had a good day. She replied with, "Good Day!" I then asked her what her favorite part of the day was for her. I expected her to say the zoo or something even crazier like, "Kylie house!" which we did not even do today. Instead after a long pause she said, "Daddy open present." She was excited to see her daddy open his birthday present! Just a few moments later she added, "Card." (She had colored a Cinderella card especially for her Daddy).

Like I said, I have the sweetest girl in the world. It meant the world to her and me that he would want to spend time on his birthday with his girls, even though he had somewhere else he needed to be. We love you Sweetheart and I hope you had a good birthday!

Love,
Lacie and Jesstine

No comments: