Monday, May 18, 2009

NEWS FLASH!!!

I think Elmo has officially won the heart of my daughter! We were at the store tonight ordering flowers for Babe B.'s grave. (We always do real flowers on Memorial Day for her.) I spotted what I have been looking for at each store I go to with toys! I found an Elmo plush doll that is just Jesstine's size. I picked it up to show her and she held it through the store and every once in a while I heard a "No No" or "NelNo" from her. I thought nothing of it. I just thought she was jabbering and as usual she sounded like she was making a word but probably wasn't. Then tonight we were getting her ready for her bath. I stood her up on the changing table and she looked at her stack of diapers (which have Sesame Street characters on them) and said "Nono." I am thinking she is trying to make the sound Elmo and it is sounding like "Nono." I know you are thinking that it can't possibly be true. She is only 9 months old right? Well, she does say "cat" or rather whispers it. She knows what cats are and will look right at one and say cat. It sounds more like "tat" but it is the same each time. I am almost positive that Elmo is what she is saying. I am also pretty sure it isn't No. I don't use no twice together like that. I usually say "no" then something in between. A common one right now is, "No biting Mommy! No!" Our girl is growing up and is really obsessed with Elmo! It is so much fun!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine

2 comments:

Herken Family said...

Lara loved Elmo, even at that young age. She said "Nelno" I believe. So, it's true that they pick up on it early. I don't think you're crazy at all :)

Lacie and Stephen said...

I think it has changed to DeDo now. She seems to be trying so many words! I guess it is inevitable and especially with Girls!