Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Elmo

Okay, I know I have mentioned several times about how much my lovely little girl likes.....er....LOVES Elmo! Well, I have decided that I have no choice other than to have an Elmo party for her first birthday! Here are a few stories to let you know just how much she loves Elmo.

Okay, so lately when I talk on the phone, Jesstine is non-stop smiles and laughs. I guess that is how she thinks Mommy is on the phone! Well, she uses this same laugh in response to anything and all things Elmo! The only difference is that she does it for much longer!!! I was searching for a jacket for her because she has already out grown all of her 6-9 month jackets. (She is 8 1/2 months). I always peruse the clothing to see if there is anything that I think Jesstine can't live without (or rather I can't live without her wearing). I found a cute little shirt that is REALLY girly with horizontal pink and red stripes. On the front is Elmo's face and underneath his face the shirt says, "I Love Elmo!" I thought this was so cute. At the time she was staying with my mother-in-law. I was so excited about my find, when I went to pick her up, I had to show it off. When I showed it to Jesstine, she hugged it, kissed it, and did her cute little laugh over and over. Needless to say, as soon as it was washed she was wearing it.

I have been searching for a bath faucet cover. As you can tell from the last post, she has discovered the faucet and almost hits it when she splashes! I went to Target first because I knew they at one time carried a really cute duck in a Hawaiian print swim suit and surf board. Perfect for her bathroom decor. I of course had to look at the clothes, toys, and anything else that was appealing! I had Jesstine with me this time. We found some Elmo socks in the $1 bins. She of course loved them! I looked for an Elmo plush doll, but didn't find one. So we went to the book section. Didn't find any books worth investigating. Right next to the books is the movie section. We looked at the available Elmo videos. I noticed that most of them were around $10. Then I noticed one was only $5. I thought that was inexpensive enough. I showed it to Jesstine. She was ecstatic. She held that video up like it was her most prized possession. She showed it to anyone and everyone who would look her way! She didn't want to let it go so I could pay for it. The entire time, she did her little laugh.

My mom really tried hard when I was little not to allow us to like just one character. She very seldom encouraged such a thing. Mainly for money reasons, but also because she wanted us to be well rounded. I am having trouble resisting Jesstine's little laugh when she sees Elmo things! It is just too cute! I know I have to stop it at some point. She is so little right now and she will like so many things I am sure! How long can this last? Can't I just give in now and tone it down later when she has all of the Elmo things she could possibly own? At least Elmo is something she will like for at few more years right? Well, for now I am trying to meet some middle ground. I haven't bought TOO much Elmo for her yet, and I think I will know when to say no. The biggest thing is not showing her any of it!!! Then I will buy it for sure!!!

Until next post, *singing* "That's Jesstine's Elmo World!"
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine
P.S. Here are a few pictures of "Her Elmoness" from today! They aren't great because they were taken from my phone, but they still show her in her happiest clothes!

Doesn't that face just say it all?! (Her face not Elmo's!)

These are the $1 socks I found! Check out those shoes! I think her daddy likes them as much or better even than she does! (They are adidas soccer shoes!)

No comments: