Saturday, February 14, 2009

Teeth, Half Birthday, Valentines Day, and RSV Day!

A LOT has happened since our last posts. There was so much, I separated these into two! You can enjoy double the Jesstine!

First, Jesstine got her first tooth last Saturday. It had just started to poke through! I check everyday. We were lucky, she didn't really fuss too much. She just seemed to want to CHEW on everything! Here we are a week later, and her second one came in right next to it! Here is my attempt to prove that she has teeth. It didn't go over too well! If you want to find out, wash your hands and then stick your finger on her bottom front gums! She will quickly show you her teeth!!!
Secondly, Valentine's Day has always been a sad holiday for me. I know it is supposed to be about love and all of that. It happens to be the day that my Grandpa died when I was 4 1/2 years old. He was such a great person in my life! He has some part in shaping who I am today. So I always spend part of the day remembering all I can about him! I think this year was a little different. I came into it with a little more optimism. I guess having a little one will do that to you. Especially one as cute as Jesstine! It is also her half birthday (6 months for those of you who are confused). She will never be 1/2 of a year old again! Hehe. I am glad it fell on Valentine's Day, because I can showcase her special outfit for Valentine's Day AND her 6 month picture! I couldn't decide which she would wear, so the day before she wore the one in the first picture! Today, she was DADDY'S girl, so she wore her daddy shirt. This is also her 6 month picture. We hope to get professional ones done soon, but read the next part of the post after the pictures.
In case you can't see, the shirt says "My Heart Belongs To Mommy." Which was true yesterday!
I always TRY to get as much of the chair (and my butt print for that matter) in these pictures as possible, so you can see just how much she is growing. Check out those pants too! I saw those and couldn't pass them up! (They have little embroidered hearts on them). Oh, and I told Stephen he could pick out the shirt she wore today and this is the one he chose (it was between this and one that says my heart belongs to daddy.)
And last, but certainly not least, Jesstine started to cough and had a stuffy nose on Wednesday. I stayed home from work so that I could take her to the doctor that morning. He thought she had a sinus infection that was starting to settle in her chest, so he gave her an antibiotic. On Thursday, we stayed home and she seemed to be coughing more and it was sounding more constricted. Friday, it was the same story only slightly worse. Today, we woke up at 6:00 to her having a coughing fit that woke her so much she couldn't get back to sleep. I decided that since she wasn't getting better, I needed to take her in. Luckily, her doctor was one of the doctors working this morning. RSV is rampant here! He said he had 4 kids come in with these symptoms yesterday and 2 ended up testing positive for RSV. So, he swabbed her. (Her shirt was true to her feelings once again. She wasn't comforted by Mommy after the annoying swab in her nose. Daddy was the one that calmed her!) We waited. Sure enough, RSV. It is a virus so there isn't much we can do about it. It is just a bad cold. It is really bad for babies 6 months and under as well as for elderly people. Because her cough was sounding so bad, he put her on breathing treatments. We had to traipse across town to find her a mask (they have paci attachments for breathing machines, but she doesn't take a paci for more than a few seconds). We finally found one, gave her a treatment and she sounded better in about 10 mins. We are SO thankful that there have been medical advances to help her through this. There are so many kids who are not caught quickly enough and end up in the hospital. She gets to stay home and heal while playing with Mommy and Daddy! She doesn't even seem too fazed by it. She just plays like normal only with a cough that gags her and causes her to lose her breath every once in a while.
The mask is supposed to look like a little fish. You can't tell from the picture, but it is quite cute! She does a great job of sitting still. I just have to keep her from pulling on the tubing!
I know I said that was it, but I wanted to close with a thank you. I know you all follow this blog to watch Jesstine grow and check up on a very loved girl! My posts as of late have not been quite so upbeat. I thank you though for checking in on us and praying for those that I posted about. I still have not heard from my friend about her pregnancy. I am hoping that no news is good news. And thanks for the prayers for Baby Cora. It was a hard day for me when I found out about her passing. It brought back all of the pain that I went through with Babe B. All I could do was think of her poor parents and how they TOO would have to experience that pain. If you are interested, they are building a playground at their church in Cora's name. Go to the earlier post and find their site. You can donate using a paypal account or just using your credit card (it still goes through paypal and is secure).
As always, we hope that all of you are doing well!
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine
P.S. I have tried to format this several times, but it will not work! I guess it is too long!

No comments: