Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's A Girl!


Well, she is here! For those of you who have not heard, we have a baby girl! Jesstine Jonelle Hutchins was born on August 14, 2008, at 3:27 pm. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 inches long. She is so small! She is quite petite like me! My mom can't get over how much she looks like me! There are things that I recognize that look like Stephen as well though. I think the nose is his! It curls under when she eats! It is quite cute!

We have been home for a couple of days now. Her looks change each day. We are tired, but things have gone quite well so far. We even made a trip to the baby store so that I could get some supplies to assist Jesstine and I in the breast feeding department! To my joy, my milk came in tonight. I won't tell the details of how I discovered it, but it was a very interesting way! I didn't feel the usual symptoms! If you are interested, ask! It was actually quite comical.

Here are some of the pictures that we took today. One of the outfits that I have been really wanting to put Jesstine in is a fish outfit that says "Mommy and Me." It is blue and kind of boyish, so I put a white bow on her head! This is how cute she was! She really likes napping on Daddy's chest! We are really enjoying her and are very excited to share her with you! Right now, I plan to go to bed!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement! We have her here. Now the journey is just beginning!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine

No comments: