Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Overnighter and Other Cute Jesstine Moments

So, we went on our first overnight trip with Jesstine this weekend. We went up to Warrensburg, MO to see my sister and support her at her baby shower. Usually 3 month-old babies sleep pretty well in the car. Well, Jesstine only had about a 10 min. nap in the car! By the time we reached our destination (after at least one stop), she was so tired she slept for nearly three hours at Aunt Ola's! She was such a trooper. Especially considering I think she is trying to cut teeth. I know it sounds crazy ( the cutting teeth not the traveling with a three month-old). My mom was with us and noticed the classic signs as well. She has been trying to bite everything. I mean actually biting it! She won't suck on a pacifier, but she has been chewing on them lately. She chews on her burp cloths. She is fussing at the bottle too. We arrived home around 5:00 today. She was a little tired. The trip back was easier on her. She had a 1 hour nap and a 30 min. one which helped. She did get tired a lot quicker when we arrived home. About three hours later this is how she looked:

Pictured with her is her beloved pet seahorse, Seamoore. Yes I know that is not a typical spelling for the name, but it was made up. Sea because he is a seahorse and Moore was my maiden name. He sleeps next to her each night and her hand is always touching him. He sings her to sleep. He is the only toy that she has really taken to on a regular basis.


Last Sunday, I dressed her in a fall outfit. I thought she looked so cute, I had to take a picture. (You are probably saying, "Yeah, when does that NOT happen????) I also have been taking pictures of her in outfits that she is quickly outgrowing. Luckily she has the shirt in a bigger size!

Now this is the picture that needs an explanation. I put her on one of her two play mats to play. I sat on the couch to fold some laundry and heard her make a noise. I looked up and this was all I saw! It kind of reminds me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz where the house lands on the Wicked Witch and all you see is the feet. It sure does look funny!
So this is the random picture taking of the Jesstine's parents. I think my sis-in-law calls my bro-in-law the paparazzi. I am told that the next childs pictures will be half as many in number, if not less. We will have to see that when we get there. Until then, we are going to continue to take these professional quality photos of the most interesting moments of Jesstine's life! They will be great to show any potential boyfriends so they are scared off! Hehe!
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine


No comments: