Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Gridley

It is with great sadness that I report yet another little baby who has passed on.

Not too long ago, my sister, Grace, called me and said that she had run into a childhood friend of hers while eating lunch in a small town Pizza Hut. This young man is a person she played with as a baby, dated for a few months in high school and went to college with. In their conversation, she discovered that he lives a few houses away from me. Not only that, his wife is a teacher in the same district in which I teach. They were also expecting a child and I had just had Jesstine or was about to very soon.

Grace called tonight to tell me that her friend had recently discovered some complications with their pregnancy. They had to deliver early (33 or so weeks) due to low amniotic fluid. I got a call not long after that. It was Grace saying that Baby Gridley was born and did not survive.

My heart is breaking. Not too long ago, I was in this same situation. I want to reach out to this family so badly because I feel like I know what will help them through the long process ahead of them. Yet, all I can do now is sit and pray. I can also ask all of my blog friends to please join me in praying for this family. The dad's name is Lanny and mom's name is Jenny. That is really all I feel comfortable sharing here. Please join me in prayer for this young family that was hit with one of the worst tragedies imaginable!

Dear Lord,
Please be with this young family as they come to terms with the loss of one so young and dear to them. Please help them to find strength in you and your never ending promises. Help them to find comfort in their family, church family and friends. Help us to be vessels to help them in anyway possible. You know my heart breaks more than words can describe anytime I hear of the loss such as this. Please just let them feel your presence and hold their hand through this trying time. We know that your love transcends death. It is because of this promise that we can continue in life despite such tragedies. We look toward your never ending promise of Eternal Life as our hope.

In Jesus name. Amen.

In Him,
Lacie Hutchins

3 comments:

B and V Leonard said...

Lacie,

We may never know all of God's plan nor understand why we go through such pain, but I feel like I got a glimpse of it just now. You are using your difficult situation to reach out to another. That's it! We use our life experiences to help others along.....especially believers. I'm so sorry you had to go through this and thankful for you reaching out to Lanny and Jenny during this time. May God bless you sweet, beautiful family!

Lynnette said...

Lacie,

Thanks for posting this. Lanny is my little brother and Jenny my wonderful sister-in-law (who feels more like a sister). I have 3 friends who have lost babies at birth or shortly thereafter. And albeit, I was with them through that it feels so much different when its your blood relative. I'm happy to hear that you have had a successful delivery just a few months ago. May God bless your family always.

Love,
Lynnette

Lacie and Stephen said...

Thank you for your kind words and your encouragement. If either of you know of a way that I can get into touch with Lanny and Jenny, I would be happy to help in any way possible. Like I said, I know almost exactly what they are going through. If I can be of any help, I am here. Even if she just needs to hold a baby. I am here and Jesstine is here! The journey does get a little easier with time, but the wounds are still there and will be for as long as I live. I feel like they are a reminder so that I can help others who go through what I went through. And Jesstine is a reminder of God presence and that He knows what is best for me!