Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Month!

Well, we have made it through the first month! Wow time flies!!! Stephen goes back to work tomorrow. For those of you who don't already know, his company awards its employees who have worked for ten years with a sabbatical. It is essentially an extra 4 weeks of paid vacation that must be taken at one time. We chose to use it for him to stay home some extra time with me and the baby. I am going to miss him not only as I usually do, but because he has been SUCH a help around her. I think it may be worse on him though because he has to be away from Jesstine during the day!


Well, Jesstine has been doing GREAT! Breastfeeding is still a challenge and we do a lot of bottles here and there. We are still working on not falling asleep (sometimes both of us, but mostly her) during our feedings. She is gaining weight and is up to 7 lbs. 10 oz. as of this past Wednesday. She has had a stretch of nights where she has slept anywhere from 5-7 hours. As you can see by the time on this post, that was NOT the case tonight.



So, I leave you with her one month picture, plus a picture that has been very popular with my family members. I think that I caught her smiling on camera. She has been smiling a lot more lately and I have even caught a couple of moments where she is attempting to laugh. Right now it is just a squeak, but it is music to my ears.



In Him,

Lacie, Stephen and Jesstine

Jesstine Jonelle, 1 month!

Bald IS beautiful!


The first smile that has been captured on camera

No comments: