Saturday, September 13, 2008

FINALLY!

Okay, you would think I would have gained a little more in the patience department after having to wait for two years to have a healthy baby! Well, we have been waiting anxiously for Jesstine's cord stump to fall off! We got up yesterday morning to feed and change her, and it was gone! Literally, we could not find it! We had to undress her in order to locate the stubborn piece of dead tissue! The reason why I write that as if I am frustrated is because we all three were frustrated with the stinking thing! Yes, it really did start to stink! The doctor even cultured it because it was so smelly, we were all worried it had an infection of some kind! Needless to say diaper changes and bath time has been a whole lot easier lately!

So, Jesstine was four weeks-old yesterday. The reason I failed to post an update with picture is because I am waiting for Sunday when she is exactly one month old. My sis-in-law took a picture of her boys each month in the same chair. I think that is a wonderful idea because it shows how they are growing each month. So, you will have to wait at least a day. I can't guarantee that it will be there ON Sunday because I have been terribly busy with her. Let's just say she hit a growth spurt and wants to eat about every hour to hour and a half it seems! I will tell you that she is already up to 7 lbs. 10 oz. We are happy for that! She has finally passed her birth weight. That accounts for the increase in appetite lately I am sure!

In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine

No comments: