Tuesday, March 15, 2011

8 years

Eight years ago today, I married my sweetheart!

At this time eight years ago, I was getting ready to walk down the aisle and say those two words that I always wanted to say. I remember it like yesterday. I was the only one actually finished dressed. I was all ready and holed up in a little room off of the foyer of the church. I was sitting on a cooler so that I would be able to fan my dress out over the outsides of it instead of sitting on it (if that was even possible).

A little while later, we filed out and stood in the hallway next to the men's restroom waiting for our turn. My brother, who had dressed in his dress blues, was going to give me away. He looked over at me and said, "Don't trip and don't faint!" The ceremony (aside for the music debacle) was everything I had ever hoped for. It was simple and sweet. One of the most memorable moments was getting down the aisle and being passed into my soon-to-be's hands.

We couldn't take our eyes off of each other throughout the whole ceremony. It was SO much fun! We were beyond twitterpatted!



I am still so much in love with the man I promised to go through life with that day. We have both changed through the years, but our love only changes for the better! If I had to choose anyone to go through life's ups and downs with, I would choose Stephen! As it turns out, God chose for us! He has seen me at my worst and my best and has never turned away from me. We have endured the greatest loss a parent can go through and we did it together. So here's to my handsome husband on our eighth anniversary!!!

I love you Stephen Hutchins!!!

Love,
Babe