Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is hard to believe it, but another Thanksgiving has come and gone! This year was very fun!! We don't normally travel for Thanksgiving! We usually are the ones smoking the turkey and hosting at our place. This year we were invited to spend the holiday with Stephen's uncle, Jim and aunt, Susan in Bartlesville, Ok. We had so much fun! They have such a BEAUTIFUL home! We had good food and great company! Jesstine was a good traveler as well! She really liked Uncle Jim and Aunt Susan! There were times I thought she liked Aunt Susan more than she liked her mommy!!! We were having SUCH a good time, we failed to take many pictures! When I found a Kodak moment, all I had was my phone! Those don't always turn out the best! The day after Thanksgiving Day, we went to Stephen's brother's house to spend some time with them! Oh, and Jesstine and I were blessed to have Stephen home ALL week this week! Here is a little glimpse into our world in the days leading up to Thanksgiving and on the actual day itself!




Here is a little photo of Jesstine eating a sucker! She was upset when I wouldn't let her roam around with it. She ended up getting it taken away. Yes, I am a paranoid mom! I also didn't want to clean sticky off of her clothing, so she wore a bib as she hate it too!

Here she is reading the "paper." It is actually the church bulletin.



As I said before, we usually host Thanksgiving at our house. We still had to get some smoked turkey into our plans, so on Tuesday night, my family came over and enjoyed some wonderful smoked turkey and the traditional Thanksgiving fixins. Here Jesstine and Grandma (my mom) are enjoying a little RandR while we await the smoked turkey!


Here is Jesstine chillaxing with her Uncle Greg (my brother). Notice she is wearing her "pretties."


This is our favorite time every day! We get to cuddle as a family each morning! This particular morning, Jesstine woke up and I brought her to our bed as usual. She actually slept on my chest for another 15 mins. or so! She hasn't done that since she was an infant! Mommy didn't mind!!!

A couple of days later, we couldn't leave Daddy out!
This is Jesstine with Aunt Susan! Susan was so much fun to play with! She chased Jesstine, Noah, and Ian around the back yard. She took us all for a walk to the duck pond. She was just SO much fun! Jesstine LOVED giving her hugs!
Yes, they had a Wii! Yes, I HAD to play the Wii!! As you will notice, my little protege', Jesstine, had to join me!

(Photo work by SAH on this one)

Here are my WONDERFUL nephews, (RtoL) Ian, Connor (in the car), and Noah.
I was reminded many times this year that I am so thankful to have the life that I have! Even in times when I am not having the best day, I remind myself that these moments make it all worth while! I am SO thankful for such a wonderful family God gave me by birth and by marriage! God is GOOD! That is all that needs to be said!
We hope all of you had a terrific holiday! May God continue to bless you!
In Him,
Lacie, Stephen, and Jesstine

No comments: